The Bicycle Thieves (1948)
自行車被偷的人迫於無奈最終也變成了小偷。意大利二戰後的真實生活寫照。
Antonio Ricci: "There's a cure for everything except death."什麽都可以被治好,唯有死亡。
Antonio Ricci: I've been cursed since the day I was born.自我出生之日起我便被詛咒了。
La Santona: You must plant your seeds in another field. Do you understand what I mean?妳應該把種子撒在別的地裏,妳懂我的意思麽?
La Santona: [Pausing for effect] Dear boy, you're very ugly. Yes, ugly. There are so many other women... Go and plow another field!親愛的孩子,妳長得太醜了。真的。天涯何處無芳草,去把愛的種子撒在別處吧!
Germania anno zero (1948)
本片講述了二戰後德國某個小城的故事,著重講了壹家人的生活窘境。爸爸病重躺在床上,姐姐晚上去酒吧就為了要兩根煙消愁,哥哥因為之前是士兵,現在沒有辦法工作在家混吃等死,弟弟想要幫忙卻最終走向墮落。
Edmund: Is he your brother? 那是妳的哥哥麽?
Christl: Who? Jo? No. 誰?Jo?不是。
Edmund: You're always together. 但是妳們總是在壹起。
Christl: So? What about it? 那又怎麽樣?
Edmund: Wherever he goes, you're right behind. 不管他去哪,妳都跟在後面。
Christl: And that makes him my brother? 那樣就讓他變成我的哥哥了麽?
Eva: You're so selfish. You don't care about getting food. You only care about eating it. 妳太自私了。妳根本不管找到食物,妳只管吃。
Karl-Heinz: Didn't I tell you to send Edmund to work? 難道我沒有讓愛德蒙去找工作麽?
Eva: You don't do anything. You just hide, and yet you want to eat and drink. You don't ask where I go every night. All that matters is that I come back with a couple of cigarettes for you. 妳什麽都不做。妳只是藏起來吃喝。妳不管我晚上去哪,只想要我帶回來的幾根煙。
Karl-Heinz: Did I smoke them? 我抽了麽?
Eva: No, but you know that cigarettes are like money. 沒有,但是妳知道那想當於錢。
Karl-Heinz: Should I thank you for that? Nowadays everybody does it. 這樣就應該感謝妳麽?現在所有人都這樣幹。
Eva: They do worse things, too. 他們做更齷齪的事。
Karl-Heinz: You see? 比如?
Eva: Then tell me to sell myself! 讓我出賣自己!
Edmund: It wasn't my fault. I was with other boys. 這不是我的錯,我昨晚跟其他男孩在壹起。
Il padre: Enough! I don't want to hear any lies! 夠了!我不想聽到這些謊話!
Eva: He didn't mean any harm, Papa. He wanted to get something to eat. 他並沒有惡意,爸爸。他只是想找點吃的。
Il padre: I'll do without. 我可以不吃。
Karl-Heinz: Me, too. I'd rather die of hunger. 我也是。我寧肯餓死。
Eva: Easy for you to say. 說的容易。
Il padre: I can't stand it anymore, here in this bed. 我不能再這樣躺著了。