(A peddler, Mary, Diana and Yangyang)
(In a free market)
小販: Look look, see see. You say how much is how much.
走壹走看壹看哈,妳說多錢就多錢!
Mary: What did she mean?
她啥意思?
Diana:I don’t know. Let me ask her. Hey, What did you say?
我也不知道,我來問問她。(過來問小販)剛才妳說啥?
小販: Wh………What? I can’t say English good.
我。。。我英語說的不好。
Diana:How strange she is. I think she doesn’t speak English. She speaks some foreign language, but not Chinese.
這個人好奇怪啊。我想她說的不是英語,也不是漢語,可能是其他的語言。
Mary: I think so too. Let’s go away!
我也這麽覺得,走吧。
Yang: Wait a moment! I think the peddler DID speak English, but she can’t speak very well. Let me be your interpreter, OK?
等壹下!我覺得那個小販說的是英語,但是她說不好。我來給妳們做翻譯好不好?
Mary: Good! Then I can understand what she just said.
好啊!那我就明白她說的是什麽啦!
Yang: 妳剛才想對這位外國人說什麽?
小販: 我就是想讓她買我的東西啊!
Yang: She wants you to buy her things.
她想要妳們買她的東西。
Diana: Oh! What does she have?
哦,那她有些什麽貨物呢?
Yang: 她問妳,妳有什麽?
小販: 壹些中國的折傘。Chinese umbrella. Red. Beautiful!
中國傘。紅色,漂亮!
Diana: Good! I’m looking for them! Do you have some other colors?
好啊,我正要找呢。妳有多少種顏色?
Yang: Oh. Red is really wonderful. Do you know Chinese color?
哦,紅色最好看了,妳不了解中國幸運色嗎?
Mary: No.
Yang: It’s Red. Because red means good luck.
就是紅色。意味首幸運。
Diana:Why?
為啥?
Yang: What color is fire?
火是啥顏色?
Mary: Red.
紅的。
Yang: Yes. In China, people believe fire can sweep away bad luck, so, red means good luck.
是啊,中國人覺得火能掃清壞運氣,所以紅色意味幸運。
Diana: Oh, interesting. OK, I want this red one. How much is it?
好玩。我要把紅的。多少錢?
小販: 這句我明白了。Fifteen yuan.
50元。
Diana: That’s very cheap! I’ll buy it. Here is the money.
好便宜!我來壹把。給妳錢。
小販: And, your umbrella!
給妳傘!
Diana: Thank you.
謝謝.
Mary: Thank you for translating for us! Can you tell us your name please?
謝謝妳幫我們翻譯,能告訴我妳的名字麽?
Yang: You are welcome! My name is Yangyang. Bye-bye!
不客氣,我叫楊洋。白白~
Diana & Mary: See you.
再見!
(LATER)
Mary: That little student, Yangyang, really helped us a lot.
那個學生楊洋,真的幫了我們大忙。
Diana: Yes! And I think Chinese people really changed a lot. They can speak English! Wow! That’s amazing!
是啊。我覺得中國人有很大改變。他們會說英語拉。真不錯!
Mary: Someday we should learn Chinese,too.
以後我們也應該學學漢語。
Diana: I agree with you.
我也這麽覺得。
不知道這個長度夠不? 不夠告訴我,我再改長些。